Juvenile Court

College Park Juvenile Crimes Defense Lawyer

Representing Students from UMCP and Other Colleges

The goal of juvenile court is rehabilitation – not punishment. However, this is not always practiced, as juveniles convicted of crimes are often severely punished.

If you have been charged with a crime – or if you are seeking legal help for your child – contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Jacoby. I have over 37 years of experience representing minors who have been charged with crimes. I work hard to avoid a criminal conviction and minimize the impact the charges have on your life. Call my College Park law office at 301-779-5560 or 800-864-4488.

Defending Minors Charged With Crimes

At the Law Offices of Steven M. Jacoby, I defend minors charged with a range of criminal offenses:

  • Vandalism
  • Trespassing
  • DUI / DWI / drunk driving
  • Underage drinking
  • Drug possession or distribution
  • Other drug offenses
  • Theft, burglary, shoplifting, auto theft
  • Violent crimes
  • Sex crimes, rape

Depending on the crime, a juvenile convicted of a crime could face jail or prison time, license suspension, mandatory sexual offender registry, and other penalties.

Not all attorneys have experience in juvenile court. I do, and I know how to navigate the system to obtain the most favorable resolution of my clients’ cases. Juvenile court moves at a faster pace; juvenile court uses different terminology; juvenile court has a different system of punishment than the adult system. If you have been charged with a crime, or your son or daughter is facing charges, you need an attorney who fully understands the complexities of the juvenile system.

Representing College Students

I represent students of the University of Maryland College Park (UMCP) and other Maryland colleges who have been charged with criminal offenses, academic dishonesty, and student misconduct. I represent young people in criminal court as well as college Judicial Hearings.

Are you the parent of a Maryland college student? Find out how I can help your child.

Contact The Law Offices of Steven M. Jacoby

For a free consultation to discuss your charges, contact a lawyer by calling 301-779-5560 or 800-864-4488.